Thursday, April 3, 2008

Watching You Sprout

BorisPop: one of my greatest joys in this new experience of being your DaDa is watching you observe your environment, taking in new things with some or all of your senses, and your innocent and random bursts of joy in doing so. if you ever notice my staring at you doing the simplest things for long periods of time (no matter how simple you might think it is), i can tell you that it is me taking in these moments, soaking them into my mind, heart, and spirit......to preserve this feeling of complete bliss.
i have had this habit with your mother, watching her take in experiences that are new to her, and through watching her, i feel the same joy and excitement in her heart.....this has been going on for almost 8 years, and is even more rich, watching her soak in the experience of being your MaMa.
so now you know why your Pop is a staring fool. you will in time, learn to tell me to chill out with it......and ill just have to use the same techniques i use in soaking in your MaMa, my wife. the two of you are my whole world, and i love to quietly observe it.
its one of the only things i do........quietly.



No comments: